As a team captain you can help ensure your teammates get the most out of their Celebrity Hockey Classic experience. Please review this important information and share with your team members.
Lead Your Team’s Fundraising Efforts
As a team captain, you can directly influence the success of your tournament by ensuring your teammates fundraise either online or with the supplied pledge forms.
- Register your team online and make arrangements to pay your registration fee either by cheque or through PayPal.
- Set your team’s fundraising goal
- Watch for regular Team Captain updates and pass along all the exciting news as it becomes available to motivate fundraising efforts
- Get your players to register ONLINE to be part of your team and set their personal fundraising goal
- Walk each team member through the fundraising process
- Check in with your teammates frequently to make sure their fundraising is going well. Remember, the more funds you raise, the higher your draft pick will be.
What Your Team Members Need to Know
48 hours prior to the event, all players must have met the minimum commitment in order to be eligible to play. Players who do not reach the minimum will not be eligible to play and will forfeit all pledges to Easter Seals Ontario.
How to Raise Funds Online
Online fundraising is fast, easy and secure. When you register online, you will be provided with a personalized fundraising webpage and user-friendly tools. In just a few minutes you can email friends, family, and co-workers to ask for support.
Here’s how it works:
STEP 1 – Register your team online. Your personal fundraising page is created and linked to your team page. You will receive a confirmation email right away with all of your event details.
STEP 2 – Log in and customize your personal fundraising page.
STEP 3 – Using the online fundraising tool is a fast, easy way to get the support of friends, family and coworkers. Once you are logged in, go to Fundraising > Get Sponsors and begin emailing your contacts.
STEP 4 – Visit your page regularly to track your progress in real time. Encourage your team to set up their own personal fundraising pages to support your team’s fundraising efforts!
Your sponsors will instantly receive an electronic tax receipt via email for their pledges.
Playing with a hockey legend is a great motivator, but to help out even more and in exchange for achieving your player minimum, we will be outfitting your team with Celebrity Hockey Classic jerseys and socks for the event. A number of fundraising prizes will be awarded weekly starting 6 weeks prior to the tournament date. In addition, the top fundraisers from the tournament will have the privilege of playing in the All Star Game alongside all of the NHL Alumni players.