- To be eligible to play you must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Only eligible players will be listed on the game sheet at the time of play.
- In order to be eligible to play and attend the VIP Draft Party, individuals must meet their minimum fundraising goal.
- Teams must be comprised of a minimum of 15 players but no more than 20 players.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND RULES
- Each team is guaranteed to play three games.
- All games will consist of three 15 minute periods with a stop time in the last five minutes of the third period.
- All teams must be ready to play at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled time.
- In the first period, the clock will start at 20 minutes for warm up, with the puck dropping at 15 minutes, and will not stop until the first
stoppage in play. If an excessive delay occurs, teams may receive a delay of game penalty.
- Mercy Rule: If a team leads by five or more goals in the third period of the game, running time will commence and will only revert back to stop time if the spread is reduced to within five goals.
- If opposing teams have matching sweaters, the VISITING team must change.
- Ties will be broken by a shoot-out by three players on each team.
- Standard non contact rules apply.
- Only CSA approved equipment is allowed, except for out-of-town teams in which case the rules of their local governing body will apply.
- No centre red line (blue line icing). Automatic icing in effect.
- All players must sign the game sheet prior to start of each game.
- Fighting will result in an immediate and automatic tournament ejection.
- Any player receiving 3 penalties will result in immediate and automatic game ejection. Tournament organizers reserve right to determine any additional or subsequent discipline.
- Persistent lack of control exhibited by a team will result in ejection of the team from the tournament.
- If a slap shot is taken (no penalty), the play will be whistled down and a face-off will be taken to the nearest neutral zone dot.
- Organizers reserve the right to assign individual players to teams, as appropriate, and increase or reduce the number of teams at their sole
- All tournament rules and regulations are subject to change, and any decisions made by organizers are final. Other conditions may apply.
Tie Breakers with be decided as follows:
- Most Wins
- Head to head between tied teams.
- Number of penalties
- Goals for and against
- Coin flip (Captains)